Monday 5 July 2010

English Rose oil

England is home to worlds most beautiful rose gardens (David Austen) but where is the english rose oil? Yes it exists. This is a good place to base yourself during an aroma tour of the UK.

Cawthorpe Hall.

Sp cannot buy this rose oil in sufficient volume to market internationally but I am personally very fond of this rose oil made from the stalks, leaves, buds and flowers rather than just the flowers. It meets my personal test for genuine rose oil by 'repeating'.

Let me explain what I mean by 'repeating'. I kept the Rose Oil cooled for 12 months and then smelt it. I inhaled it just once. I felt that I inhaled it again with the same aroma several times in the following hours.

The Shirley Price Rose Otto comes from Bulgaria from the excellent cooperative Biolandes. I would love to find a consistent Russian and Iranian Rose Otto but as yet cannot recommend a single consistent source to add our list. Keep sending the samples please!

Returning to gardens here is a wonderful display of David Austens 'Compassion, Snow Goose and Felicia' today at Fairview.

Essentia

No comments:

Post a Comment