Next aromatherapy training exhibitions
See you at the Pulse Mental Health Forum, London May 23
See you at Primary Care 2012, Birmingham NEC May 23, 24 Stand H174a
Did you know?
- Mental ill health costs the economy £105bn a year - more than the entire NHS budget1
- Mental health accounts for a quarter of all GP consultations1
- People with severe mental illness live some 15 years less than their peers1
- 400,000 people in the UK may have undiagnosed dementia2
- Depression is associated with 67 per cent increased mortality from cardiovascular disease3
- 70 per cent of people with medically unexplained symptoms also suffer depression and anxiety disorders4
1 - Practical Commissioning, October 2011, pg 19: Sean Duggan, chief executive of the Centre for Mental Health
2 - Department of Health campaign on dementia
3 - No Health Without Public Mental Health, Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2010
4 - Medically unexplained symptoms positive practice guide, produced by the improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) programme, Department of Health
Why the butterfly? Psyche comes from the Greek word for soul or butterfly. A butterfly can be found on the Royal College of Psychiatrists logo. The motto of the college is Let Wisdom Guide. We use butterfly images to illustrate our course notes to improve learning.
Everyday Aromatherapy - care for mental health needs, introductory workshop Imperial College London May 19 with Ian Brealey et al. Book tickets More Courses