Celia Johnson is the Sp college business tutor. 20 years a nurse and massage therapist Celia is author of the book "How to succeed as a therapist". http://www.successfultherapist.co.uk/content/view/6/3/
Outline of Syllabus Contents
1. Advertising standards: methods and wording, creating expectation and making
claims (S12(1) of the Medicines Act 1968).
2. How to advertise and promote your business; marketing skills; advantages and
disadvantages of the different types of employment; choice of premises; homevisiting practice; networking; financial considerations and business plans;
banking and writing a CV. Explanations of business development from sole
trader, partnerships and limited company.
3. Setting up a business; fees, charges and costs and insurances.
4. Taxation and business issues; record keeping; taxable expenses; tax shelter;
personal pensions, preparing Tax Returns and accounts; hiring an accountant;
National Insurance Contributions (NIC).
5. Selling products - Trading Standards; Trades Descriptions Act 1968, The
Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations 1996, Consumer Protection Act 1987,
Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994.
6. COSHH, CHIPS, Health & Hygiene & Safety at Work Act 1974, Veterinary
Surgeons Act 1966. RIDDOR,
7. National laws and Common Law; Byelaws, Local Authority Licensing